FLEX Research Methodologies Course (FRMC) – How It Works:
- Select a specific area of research: Health Sciences, Business/Econ, Humanities.
- Ten video lectures on key research methodologies and skills (listed below in Course Schedule).
- Includes homework for general concepts as well as subject-specific assignments.
- Weekly live TA sessions, including breakout sessions focused on the student’s area of research.
- Meet with TAs during office hours if desired.
- No prior experience with research required.
- A 3-5 page research paper
- Presentation of research and findings to an academic committee
- Certificate of completion for the course
FLEX Research Mentorship Program (FRMP) – How It Works:
Students are paired 1:1 with a professor or university instructor to develop a research project from start to finish.
- A detailed research/conference proposal or a completed original research paper suitable for submission for publication.
- A capstone project for college resume
- A letter of recommendation for college applications
- College admissions: Stanford, Princeton, U Chicago
- First Place in MIT Inspire (#1 humanities competition)
- Admission to Simons Summer Research Program (top 5 summer program)