FLEX HeadStart’s Lifecycle For Results
Exploration > Engagement > Focus > Application
- Students Find Their Academic Passion Resulting In Fulfillment
- They Identify And Develop Their Natural Gifts And Interest
- We Start Them On A Productive Path Toward Future Happiness and Success
- 100% Customer Satisfaction Rate
- Expert one to one and group instruction
- Students research and publish work
- Recommendations for clubs, competitions, and activities
- Long-term academic pathways are formed for middle and high school students who are serious about English and Writing
- Courses include: Creative Writing, Persuasive Essay Writing, and Academic Writing
- Gain a competitive advantage when applying to summer programs, internships, and colleges
- Gain early exposure to Health Sciences & Pre-Med courses
- Get a FLEX HeadStart on material for exams and contests; AP Bio, USABO, Brain Bee, and Bioinformatics
- Develop the foundation for strategic memorization essential for academic and career success
- Courses Include: Anatomy, Physiology, Neuroscience, Biotechnology, and Bioinformatics
- Prepare for middle school math competitions including Math Kangaroo and American Mathematics Competitions (AMC) 8
- Learn problem solving strategies and techniques to solve word problems
- Develop foundations for strategic logic and design essential for academic success in Mathematics and Computer Science
- Leverage Math & Computer Science Profiles for a competitive advantage when applying to future summer programs, internships and college
- Courses include: Exploring Problem Solving & Competition Math, Problem Solving & Competition Math for AMC 8 & Math Kangaroo, Advanced Topics in
- Problem Solving & Competition Math
- Learn what business is, how it works, and how to run a successful business
- Engage in projects and exercises to encourage socially-minded entrepreneurship
- Improve life skills and develop habits for success
- Create and present a business proposal
- Courses include: Exploring Business
How it Works
- Select a specific area of research: Health Sciences, Business/Econ, Humanities.
- Ten video lectures on key research methodologies and skills (listed below in Course Schedule).
- Includes homework for general concepts as well as subject-specific assignments.
- Weekly live TA sessions, including breakout sessions focused on the student’s area of research.
- Meet with TAs during office hours if desired.
- No prior experience with research required.
FLEX HeadStart Electives provides students an opportunity to try something new and different outside of their chosen pathways.
How It Works
- Interdisciplinary classes
- Project-based learning
- Spark interest in new areas
- Develop valuable skills