They are looking for that one thing that makes you uniquely you: your personality.
This is your chance share how your vision, goals, triumphs and experiences have molded who you are, and why you would be a choice candidate for admissions. Use this definitive guide for your college application essay format.
14 Tips for Formatting Your College Application Essay
Writing Tips for the College Application Essay
Construct Your Essay Like a Feature Story
Stick to One Topic
Create an Outline
Be Creative But True
Use Analogies and Examples
Have Someone Else Read Your Application Essay
Write on Your Computer
Don’t Include the Essay Prompt
Submitting an Online Application
Use the Online Application
Use a Standard Font
Check Your Formatting
Submitting a Separate Document Application
Format Your Document
- Margins: Use a 1” margin on all sides.
- Line Spacing: Use a 1.5 or double line spacing. Although you may be able to submit your work in single line spacing, this makes your essay easier to read.
- Paragraphs: Indent the first line of each paragraph with a tab.
- Fonts: Use a standard, easy-to-read font like Times New Roman, Arial or Calibri in 12-pt type.
- Alignment: Use “left align.” Do not justify the alignment.
Follow Submission Instructions
Submit in Correct File Format
Danny is the CEO of FLEX College Prep. Danny’s core focus is on helping young people get the best advice, and be the best students they can be. His team of professionals are also personal coaches, and great people, driven by the same passion for helping people.